Students who complete the Associate of Applied Science and Certificate Programs are guaranteed they will acquire the job skills needed for entry-level employment in the occupational field for which they have been trained.
If the employer decides a student who has completed the program lacks these skills, College of the Mainland will provide additional skill training tuition free.
In order to be eligible for the Guarantee Plan, the following conditions must be met:
- Students must earn their degrees or certificates in an occupational program listed in a COM catalog published in the last five years;
- Students must complete their program within five years, with the majority of the credits to be earned at COM;
- Students must be employed full time in an occupation directly related to the specific program completed at COM;
- Employers must certify in writing that a COM graduate lacks the entry-level job skills identified as such by the College for the program in which he/she was enrolled. The employer must specify the areas of deficiency within 90 days of the graduate’s initial employment;
- An educational plan for retraining will be written. The plan will be initiated through the office of the President;
- The guarantee does not imply that COM graduates will pass any licensing or qualifying examination for a particular career.
Additional information regarding the Guarantee Plan may be obtained by calling 409-933-8229 or 1-888-258-8859, ext. 8229.