Transcripts for Admission

Students are required to submit all official high school and/or college transcripts. Transcripts are considered official only when they bear the signature of the registrar or some other appropriate school official, the seal of the issuing school, and are mailed or submitted from the sending institution. Transcripts are also considered official if hand-carried in a sealed envelope from the institution. Transcripts become the property of COM and cannot be returned to the student. Transcripts will be kept on file for 90 days after the end of the term in which the transcript was received and will be destroyed if the student has not enrolled.

Evaluation of Transcripts for Transfer Students

The College will conduct a course-by-course evaluation of official transcripts from regionally accredited colleges and universities for students. Transcripts will be evaluated within 4-6 weeks of receipt.  To request an expediated evaluation, complete the Transcript Evaluation Form

When the evaluation is complete, the equivalent courses may be viewed by logging in to WebAdvisor (see Unofficial Transcript).  Credit from transfer institutions on quarter hours will be evaluated using a ratio of .667 quarter hours to 1 semester hour. Credit from transfer institutions on other calendar types will be evaluated using an appropriate ratio.

Evaluation of Transcripts from Other Countries

Transcripts that reflect completed course work from colleges or universities in other countries must, at the student’s expense, be analyzed by a professional evaluation service. For a list of preapproved agencies, contact the Admissions and Records Office or view the list at The evaluation will be reviewed upon request by the College for acceptance before credit will be posted.

Evaluation of Military Transcripts

Military transcripts are required if the service member is using any VA or Hazlewood benefits. All service members will have a military transcript. VA requires that this official transcript be on file with the College to verify due diligence to apply credit for prior experience. Below are the links to obtain the transcript. Please have all official transcripts directed to: ATTN: Admissions and Records, 1200 N. Amburn Road, Texas City, Texas 77591.

U.S. Air Force

Airmen may request Air University (AU) and Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) transcripts here:

All other service branches:

All other branches of the U.S. Armed Forces may request transcripts here:

Back to Top