Former Student

Former students are students who have previously attended COM, but have not attended COM during the past 12 months. Students who have not attended COM during the past year need to submit a new application.  

To be admitted as a former student, students must:

Step 1 - Apply

Apply online at the ApplyTexas website. There is no charge to apply.  

  • Veterans ONLY- Students who plan to use VA benefits need to complete the admission application and then visit the Veterans Center.
  • International Students ONLY- Must contact the Admissions and Records Office to obtain an International Student Application packet.

Step 2 - Testing    

Meet with an advisor to determine testing needed for enrollment. For more information about testing, visit:  

Step 3-Transcripts

Request all official transcripts from all colleges attended since previous enrollment at COM. Send or bring official transcripts, unopened, to the Admissions and Records Office.

  • Evaluation - To request an evaluation of U.S. college transcripts, go to the Enrollment Center to speak with an advisor and complete the Transcript Evaluation form.  All transcripts must be received and on file at COM before the Transcript Evaluation form may be submitted.  For additional information on this requirement visit our website.  

Step 4 - Meningitis

Some student may be required to provide proof of bacterial meningitis vaccination. Vaccination must be taken at least 10 days prior to the first day of class. Documentation should be submitted to the Admissions and Records Office. For additional information on this requirement visit our website.

Step 5 - Advising

Meet with an advisor to identify career goals, create an educational plan and select courses. Advisors are located in the Enrollment Center, Room 158. For additional information on this requirement visit our website.

Veterans, spouses, and dependents who are applying to use VA benefits or the Hazlewood Act exemption should meet with the academic advisors located in the Office for Veterans Success, room 148 of the Enrollment Center.

Step 6 - Financial Aid and Scholarships

Complete the FAFSA form online at and contact the Financial Aid office with questions. For additional information on this requirement visit our website. Scholarship information is available at

Step 7 - Register

Register and pay for classes - Login to WebAdvisor at For assistance with online registration visit our website or call the Student Help Center, 409-933-8663. Payment plans are available.  

Step 8 - Payment

For additional information on payment plans visit our website or call the Student Help Center, 409-933-8663.

Step 9 - Student ID

Go to the Gym after paying for the first semester of classes to get a free ID card.

Step 10 - Parking Permit

A parking permit should be displayed on each automobile parked on any COM campus. Parking permits are available in the Campus Police office at no cost. Students will fill out a brief application and will need their vehicle license plate number(s). A current student ID card or state issued picture ID is required to receive a parking permit. A fine will be imposed on any student who fails to comply with parking regulations.

Step 11 - COM Email

Go to to set up an official COM email account. Official communication from the College to the student is sent through this email account.

Step 12 - Textbooks

Purchase required course textbooks. Required textbooks are available in the COM Bookstore; however, students may purchase textbooks from other preferred vendors. A student attending COM is not under any obligation to purchase a textbook from the college-affiliated bookstore. The same textbook may also be available from an independent retailer, including an online retailer.

Step 13 - Attend

Attendance at all classes is required. Contact the instructor if unable to attend class. Contact information is available in the course syllabus.

Step 14 - Connect

Attend club kickoff. Join a study group. Go to professor’s office during office hours. Join a club or organization. Build connections on campus and have fun!

For more detailed information, visit our website.

Need Assistance?

For assistance with this process, students are encouraged to contact the Student Help Center at 409-933-8663 or visit the Student Help Center located in Room A-146 of the Enrollment Center.

Back to Top