Back to Top
General Regulations Governing Transfer of College Credit
- The college from which credit is to be transferred must be accredited by one of the nine regional accrediting associations.
- Courses with a letter grade of C or better transfer with the corresponding number of semester hours.
- Courses that are not applicable to programs at COM may not transfer or fulfill degree requirements.
- When a course has been repeated for credit, the highest grade and hours will determine the acceptance of the course.
- Transfer grades earned at other institutions are not included in computing the cumulative GPA at COM.
- College transcript evaluations are completed within two to four weeks after a transcript evaluation form has been submitted to the Admissions and Records Office. To check the status of an evaluation, a student can run a program evaluation in WebAdvisor.
- All foreign transcripts must be evaluated by SpanTran Educational Services, Inc., or any other agency approved by COM for acceptance of equivalent coursework.